A stable first aid essential! SwellDOWN is a therapeutic clay poultice to quickly take heat out of inflammation, reducing swelling and overall leg soreness. Can be used on broken skin & easy to wash off.
What is it?
SwellDOWN is a fast-acting clay poutice preparation containing active ingredients which aid in producing a soothing, cooling reduction of inflammation and swelling. Its also easy to remove!
Why do I need it?
– Injury or microtears in legs caused by stress generate heat which causes inflamation. Application of SwellDOWN clay poultice quickly removes this heat.
– Cooling effect on the injury site to remove heat-induced inflammation
– Helps ease muscular aches and pains
– Easy ready to use formula – no mixing
– Lead free: safe to use over broken skin injuries or open wounds
– Washes off easily with water after use
– Non-toxic and non-irritating
– Can be used up to the day before race-day
How it works
The combination of wet montmorillonite clay, essential oils and minerals in SwellDOWN has a cooling effect on the skin. Heat produced by heavy work or injury is drawn out at a rapid rate, aiding in recovery and preventing damage to the soft tissue. SwellDOWN‘s unique formula should be used post training as a preventative to aid in tightening loose joints.
Legs: Cleanse area thoroughly.
a) To assist as a preventative after racing, competition or heavy exercise, coat the targeted area with SwellDOWN poultice.
b) To relieve soreness and swelling, and for maximum results, cover area to be treated with a liberal amount of SwellDOWN poultice and cover with moist paper (preferably brown paper).Then wrap with plastic and hold in place with a quilt or sheet cotton and a standing bandage. Leave in place for 2 to 4 hours then wash off with water.
May be used daily.
Feet: To draw out stone bruises and for general hoof soreness, pack bottom of hoof with SwellDOWN poultice and hold in place with moist paper (preferably brown paper) or hoof boots.
Available in 2.25kg, 10.4kg and 20.8kg
Aluminium Silicate, Sodium Bicarbonate, Glycerine, Magnesium Sulphate (Epsom Salts), Potassium Aluminium Sulphate (Alum), Oil of Peppermint, Oil of Eucalyptus, in a Montmorrillonite base.
View the video - "How to apply a Poultice"