Kawakawa Naturally Shine Massage Bar for Horses & Hounds is 100% natural and hand-made in New Zealand. The natural ingredients and certified essential plant oils such as Coconut, Sunflower, Almond and Herb-Infused oil in Kawakawa Soap are anti-microbial, anti-septic and anti-fungal. With base ingredients including natural Kawakawa, Chamomile and Aloe extracts, the cleansing soap is naturally formulated to help with skin disorders, mud fever, rain scald and bacterial skin complaints and allergies, and the plant and essential oils have been shown to help with deterrance of fleas, ticks and other parasites. The soap comes in a beautiful massage bar, designed to gently cleanse and provide relief while releasing the tension and stress of achy muscles. The soap has been superfatted, meaning more of those rich and luxurious oils have been added to provide a more gentle and moisturising experience. Make bath time enjoyable again for your pet, and get that naturally glistening coat with Kawakawa Massage Soap for Horses & Hounds. (Do not use any soap products on bleeding open wounds). Soap is alkaline and can irritate proud flesh.
Does not contain chemicals, alcohols, steroids, petrochemicals, fragrances, synthetics, carcinogens or preservatives
Active Ingredients in Kawakawa Massage Soap for Horses & Hounds:
Coconut oil, Sunflower oil and Almond oil - are rich in essential fatty acids and gentle on sensitive skin as well as containing essential vitamins and antioxidants.
A rich blend of herb-infused oil - A process whereby a selection of organic medicinal herbs are cold-infused into the oil, a process taking weeks to achieve by hand. Cold-infusing by cooling down or freezing the herbs into the oil will ensure that the fragile medicinal properties within the leaves are not lost in the process. The herbal blend contains:
- NZ Native Kawakawa extract: Contains healing & soothing analgesic properties for skin. Well known in New Zealand as a medicinal plant, for its ability to assist in healing numerous skin conditions and irritations including eczema, rashes, burns, lacerations and many others.
- Calendula: Soothes & hydrates inflamed & infected skin. When infused into an oil is a powerful anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial agent, and antiseptic. One of the complex characteristics of calendula oil is a compound called triterpenoid. Used topically to relieve dermatitis, eczema, mud fever, rashes, and irritated dry skin
- Chamomile flower: An age old medicinal herb used as far back as Ancient Rome. The plant's healing properties come from its daisy-like flowers, which contain volatile oils (including bisabolol, bisabolol oxides A and B, and matricin) as well as flavonoids (particularly a compound called apigenin) and other therapeutic substances. When applied to the skin it works to heal inflammation due to its anti-inflammatory properties as well as soothing and calming itchiness, rashes and other skin compaints. Chamomile is also known for being a relaxant for sore and achy muscles and to have a calming effect on people and animals.
- Nettle leaf: A number of biologically active compounds can be extracted from the nettle leaf which work to stimulate cells and therefore reduce inflammation and help extensively with allergies and rashes. Astringent properties of the nettle may also help to lessen swelling and bleeding from minor skin injuries by shrinking and tightening the top layers of the skin thereby reducing secretions and relieving irritation.
- Peppermint: Is an emollient and astringent and is stimulating, cleansing, restorative and healing. Used as a rubefacient (to stimulate capillary dilation and action) and applied directly to the skin for various disorders, this remedy helps relieve the pain and inflammation and reduces sensitivity in the skin arising as a result of external disorders.
- Aloe powder: The Aloe powder has a vast range of vitamins including Vitamin E, minerals, amino acids & enzymes, plant proteins and liposomes. Aloe is generally known for its soothing, skin healing properties and has been used as a medicine for centuries to treat sunburns, scrapes, cuts, rashes, and dry skin.
- Comfrey: Used for thousands of years in traditional chinese medicine. Comfrey has several medicinal properties including being an astringent and it also increases cell production due to its high concentration of allantoin, causing rapid healing of a wound site. High in Calcium and Vitamin C to soothe and coat irritated tissues and reduce inflammation and scarring.
- Dandelion Root: Rich in Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Iron, Calcium and Detoxifiers. Contains a highly alkaline extract which has germicidal, insecticidal and fungicidal properties to fight skin diseases and soothe inflammation.
Extra pure certified essential oils including:
- Peppermint: Is an emollient and astringent and is stimulating, cleansing, restorative and healing.
- Lavender: Repels bugs and takes the sting away from bites. It is a natural anti-septic and anti-bacterial oil with good antioxidant properties
- Lemon: A calming oil that is also anti-infective,astringent, detoxifying, antiseptic and contains antifungal properties. Known to treat skin disorders.
- Lemongrass: Helps with infections and keeps the family pet flea and tick free and smelling nice.
- Tea Tree: Has anti-fungal, antiseptic / bacterial properties which aid with insect bites. This oil is also used extensively for its insect repellant properties.
- Cedarwood: Alleviates itching and inflammation and helps to repel fleas through its antiseptic, antispasmodic, astringent, fungicidal and insecicidal properties.
- Nettle: Works to stimulate cells through biologically active compounds reducing inflammation and helping with allergies and irritation
Green Oxide: A natural, skin-safe earth mineral used for pigment.
Weight: approx 110g