BetaCALM Paste is a short term, effective and convenient feed supplement specially designed for nervous, stressed or hot horses.
Each syringe of BetaCALM Paste contains 3 doses of the unique formulation containing the optimal level of Tryptophan plus Black Cohosh, Passion Flower, Hops and Ginger Root to give enhanced calming.
– Each paste contains 3 x 10ml doses
– Calms nervy, stressed, ill-tempered and ‘hot’ horses
– Ideal for settling young stock at sales
– Calming effect allows horses to focus on the task at hand
– A calm, relaxed horse will sweat less, using less electrolytes and presents better
– Easy grip syringe
– apple flavour
For longer term calming, use BetaCalm powder:
BetaCALM provides a comprehensive approach to a common issue with four active ingredients that nutritionally support nervous and anxious horses.
Why do I need it? They don’t call it the nervous system for nothing! Anxiety affects horses too and stressful experiences can have a significant effect on their mental state. That’s why BetaCALM was formulated- to provide a source of vitamins, minerals and amino acids that may help to reduce nervousness or hyper-reactivity in horses.
How will it help my horse? BetaCALM has a unique combination of four ingredients to nutritionally support nervous horses without affecting performance.
- Tryptophan: An essential amino acid that stabilises the horse’s mood, reduces anxiety and lessens the stress response. Tryptophan is not produced naturally by the horse and beneficial levels are not found in feed. It is converted in the body to serotonin, which helps to induce a feeling of calmness.
- Thiamine: A B vitamin that plays a vital role in nerve transmission. Hard working horses or those on a high grain, low forage diet may have reduced production of thiamine in the hindgut due to stress or hindgut acidosis.
- Magnesium: Important for cell metabolism, especially in the nervous system and muscles during work.
- Vitamin E: An antioxidant that helps to protect cell membranes from oxidative damage and maintain normal nerve and other functions.
The specific levels of Tryptophan, Thiamine, Magnesium, Vitamin E may help to actively reduce the stress response during training, travelling and competition. With Thiamine’s important role in energy metabolism and nerve transmission, and Tryptophan’s role in the inhibition of stress and fear, deficiencies of these nutrients may cause anxiety, mental confusion and failure of muscle co-ordination in animals. On top of this, Magnesium has been found to reduce reactivity in horses.
Benefits of BetaCALM:
- Effective- Nutritionally supports horses exhibiting nervous behaviour due to dietary deficiencies.
- Balanced- Optimum levels of all key ingredients.
- Performance- Helps to calm your horse without affecting performance.
- Safe- Does not contain any prohibited substances.
- Easy to use- Top dress your horse’s feed.
Remember, there are many factors that can cause undesirable behaviour in horses including diet, age, training, housing, pain and digestive conditions. It is best to discuss your horse’s diet and history to determine whether changes in feeding and management of practices are also required to reduce anxious behaviour. To help manage nervous horses, try providing constant access to forage, small meals and reduce starch/sugar in the diet. Also, decreasing stable time and providing equine company is very beneficial for mental health.
But when there’s cause for alarm, remember you’ll be better off with BetaCALM!
*NB- BetaCALM contains no known prohibited substances. However, it is important to check the rules and regulations of competition, as this is the responsibility of the rider, trainer and owner.