To support bone integrity in youngstock & performance horses.
BONAFIDE® contains Quinaquanone®, a patented, water soluble and bioavailable form of Vitamin K1 and K2.
- The active ingredient in Bonafide® is Quinaquanone, a water soluble, bio-available form of Vitamin K1 & K2.
- Vitamin K1 & K2 has a critical effect on the function of osteocalcin, the bone protein that binds the mineral and protein in bone together. Without sufficient Vitamin K the binding process is incomplete and low density or defective bone and cartilage are produced.
- Vitamin K1 & K2 are naturally available in fresh, growing green pasture but it is highly unstable, being degraded by UV light, wilting or “wintering off”.
- Horses that do not have constant access to high quality pasture are likely to be deficient in Vitamin K, leading to a reduction in bone density and bone strength.
- Horses removed from Vitamin K rich pasture and brought into a box/yard regime have demonstrated a reduction in bone density within 7-10 days.
- There is an established correlation between bone density and the incidence of OCDs and DODs in yearlings and DMD (shinsoreness) in 2 year olds.
- Bonafide® is the first product to contain Quinaquanone, a bioavailable form of Vitamin K1 and K2
ACTIVE INGREDIENTS. EACH 10G CONTAINS:
Quinaquanone® (Vitamins K1 & K2) 7mg
Vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol) 8,000 IU
INACTIVE INGREDIENTS. EACH 10G CONTAINS:
Sucrose Microfine 9.33 g
Corn Starch 0.49 g
DIRECTIONS FOR USE - AS A GUIDE
Feed: Recommended rates as below per day with food.
Large end level scoop holds 10g; small end level scoop holds 3g.
Horses stabled or with diminished access to pasture: 10g per 500kg bodyweight per day.
Foals & Weanlings: 10g per 200kg bodyweight per day.
Yearlings & 2 year olds: 10g per 400kg bodyweight per day.
Pregnant & Lactating Mares: 10g per 500kg bodyweight per day.