KERx EQUISHURE™ promotes normal digestive function by aiding in the maintenance of an optimal hindgut environment and is designed for horses suspected of suffering from or that are at risk of developing hindgut acidosis. Many horses have hindgut disturbances and EquiShure’s unique encapsulation technology ensures targeted release directly in the hindgut.
The demands placed on horses, as both athletes and breeding animals, dictate that substantial quantities of energy-rich feeds be consumed. Disturbances in the normal hindgut environment are thought to result from overconsumption of either high-starch concentrates or pasture grasses rich in fructans (sugars).
Hindgut acidosis leads to changes in the bacterial population of the hindgut, digestive disturbances and reduced digestive efficiency. KERx EquiShure supplies a time-released balancer to neutralize the acid and help maintain a stable hindgut environment, which encourages proper digestion and absorption of nutrients.
- Horses on moderate or high-grain diets
- Horses grazing on lush pasture
- Horses with digestive upsets resulting in loose manure
- Horses prone to recurrent mild colic
- Inappetence or picky eaters and poor doers or prone to weight loss
- Horses with unexplainable behaviour problems
- Horses under stress of training, travel or sales preparation
1.25 KG (10-20 days supply)
7.2 KG (60-120 days supply)
18 KG (150-300 days supply)
Top-dress EquiShure on feed at the rate of 30-150g daily according to the horse’s size and diet. Use the table below to determine recommended daily amount based on horse’s grain intake, forage source, and weight. For best results, divide the amount equally among feedings.