PLEASE NOTE: 5L and 25L BY CUSTOM ORDER ONLY, THERE MAY BE DELAYS IN SUPPLY
Oil based formula containing 180 million colony forming units CFU/mL
Indications for use:
- An aid during periods of intestinal dysfunction, including treatment and control of scouring, exclusion and suppression of pathogens such as E-coli, Salmonella spp. and Aeromonas spp.
- Post-antibiotic therapy in all animals for the re-establishment of gut microflora following anti-biotic usage.
- Aids in the establishment of gastrointestinal microflora in immature animals, such as foals and domestic pets
Protexin should not be used in conjunction with anti-biotics, but may be used immediately following treatment
Dosage per day:
Horses - 10ml maintenance, 20ml stress
Foals/Ponies - 5ml maintenance, 10ml stress
Dogs - 1-3ml maintenance, 2-6ml stress
Puppies/Cats/Kittens - 1ml maintenance, 2ml stress
Protexin is the most advanced multi - strain Probiotic in the world today.
Unlike many other Probiotics that consist primarily of a single strain of bacteria, Protexin consists of seven different naturally occuring bacteria. The effectiveness and synergy of these strains has been proven in years of trials and production application.
The uniqueness of Protexin is not just confined to its multi-strain formulation. Research and Development has produced a special "protection" to ensure the highest possible numbers of bacteria survive the journey through the hostile conditions of the crop or stomach, into the gut where they rapidly begin to work for the benefit of the animal. Protexin's introduction to Australia makes it the first and to date, the only nationally registered Probiotic approved for administration to animals and birds.
What is a Probiotic and how does it work?
The digestive system of all animals and birds is home to literally billions of bacteria and yeasts referred to as Microflora.
Microflora are essential to the health of any animal; aiding the digestion, breaking down cellulose and other indigestible substances; helping the synthesis and absorption of vitamins and minerals; stimulating the immune system and preventing the proliferation of pathogens. (Pathogens reduce nutrient absorption, animal performance and cause disease).
Some of the Benefits of using Protexin include:
- Improved Growth in Farm Animals - This is generally regarded as resulting from the suppression of a subclinical infection by a growth depressing micro-organism; such a mechanism has been described for antibiotic growth promotion.
- Improved Utilisation of Food - Achieved by increasing the efficiency of the existing digestive processes and/or by promoting the digestion of previously indigestible substances.
- Reduced Intestinal Dysfunction - This includes treatment and control of scouring or diarrhoea and the exclusion or suppression of pathogens E.Coli, Salmonella, and Aeromonas spp.
- Improved Health - Generated by increasing resistance to infectious diseases either by direct antagonism or by stimulating immunity.
- Establishment/Re-establishment of Microflora - For the establishment of healthy gut microflora in immature animals or the re-establishment of gut microflora following antibiotic use.