Equivac® TAT is 1500IU/mL tetanus antitoxin that is prepared by immunising horses against the toxin produced by Clostridium tetani and then refining the serum to produce the antitoxin.
Equivac® TAT is used in the prevention and treatment of tetanus in horses and can also be used in dogs, sheep, cattle and pigs. The minimum required dose should protect the animal if it is administered within hours of an injury occurring. For prolonged protection, however, a horse should be actively immunised using Equivac® T or Equivac® 2 in 1 on a regular basis.
- For treatment and prevention of tetanus in horse, cattle, dogs, sheep and pigs
- Provides (rapid) protection against tetanus following a wound
- Very high level of purity and safety
- Available in pre-filled single dose syringes
- Convenient product packaging for easy transport and storage
Equivac® TAT Vaccine comes in a prefilled single dose syringe
Dosage and Administration
For the prevention of tetanus, in horse and foals, no less than 1500IU (1mL) should be given. Give subcutaneously after clipping the hair and disinfecting the skin.
*When commencing a routine vaccination program on an adult horse or horses with an unknown vaccination record, use the Equivac® 2 in 1 vaccination of three initial doses two weeks apart, followed by an annual booster dose.
- Store at 2°-8°C (refrigerate - do not freeze)
- Vaccination against tetanus and strangles should be included as part of every horse's vaccination program.
- A rest day is recommended after vaccination
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Equine Performance users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.