Greasy Heel Lotion can be used as a broad spectrum fungal and antiseptic treatment to prevent the spread of infections, and as an emergency treatment for wounds in horses and other animals.The lotion cleanses the wound area and helps prevent infection.
Aids in the regular treatment of:
– Queensland Itch
– Saddle Acne
– Girth Itch
– Non-specific dermatoses
Can also be used in emergency treatment of:
– Wire Cuts
– Other superficial animal wounds
Active ingredients: 15g/L Povidone – Iodine, 6g/L Iodophor (equivalent to 0.75% available Iodine)
To treat greasy heel in horses:
– Gently soak and soften the infected scabs.
– Wear gloves and using a solution of 10mL in 200mL warm water, rub gently to remove scabs.
– Thoroughly dry then rub Kelato QuikHeal into affected area once daily until heels are completely free of infection.
– Horses that have been in contact with, or have used the same equipment as an infected horse, should also be thoroughly treated with diluted Greasy Heel Lotion daily until the infection is cleared from the stable.
To treat skin dieases:
– Clean the affected area with a solution of 10mL in 200mL warm water
– Towel dry then liberally apply undiluted to the affected area.
– Repeat daily for 3-4 days or until condition improves.
To treat wounds:
For emergency treatment of lacerations, wire cuts, burns, abrasions and other superficial animal wounds:
– Soak cotton wool with undiluted Greasy Heel Lotion
– Dab wound
– Repeat daily for 3-4 days or until healing is well evidenced.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Equine Performance users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.