VETA-GOLD is an innovative emulsified Vitamin and Mineral Oil for horses that is an all-in-one combination of anti-oxidants and Omega Oils to provide lasting energy without causing metabolic and muscle problems. VECTA-GOLD provides an optimum combination and absorption of nutrients to support the anti-oxidant defence system – with food grade emulsifier to ensure the most consistent and stable product.
The anti-oxidant defence system protects horses against oxidative damage and is severely tested during hard work and racing – changes in antioxidant status and muscle cell leakage are common in racing, eventing and endurance horses.
Why Use An Emulsified Oil?
Emulsification is a method of processing foods that allows the body to effectively absorb and utilise food energies which increase bioavailability by up to 450% in horses through increasing the absorption of longer chain, more highly saturated fatty acids.
The Gold in VECTA-GOLD
VECTA-GOLD has been formulated with a combination of the premium ingredients which delivers an unparalleled product for performance and racing horses.
- Rice Bran Oil: Rice bran oil is a naturally occurring source of synergistic anti-oxidants including tocopherols (fat soluble alcohols with antioxidant properties which are important in the stabilisation of cell membranes) and tocotrienols. It also contains a significant level of squalene, a key contributor to good hoof health.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: Apple Cider Vinegar aids digestion and absorption, promotes a healthy coat and gives VECTAGOLD its flavour. High in acetic and malic acid, it is a readily assimilated source of potassium.
- Vitamin E: Tocopherals and tocotrienols aid in metabolising fats. For the performance horse, they reduce muscle damage by interrupting the production of free radicals which cause tissue damage.
- ProVitamin A: Most importantly, beta-carotene is a precursor of Vitamin A. It serves as an antioxidant, enhances the immune system and boosts fertility, and is the reason for VECTA-GOLD’s golden colour.
- Flaxseed oil: A potent, concentrated source of Omega-3, the Flaxseed oil ensures VECTA-GOLD maintains the correct ratio of Omega 6:3 and adds to the unique flavour and aroma.
The use of Omega Golds without anti-oxidant supplementation can unbalance the antioxidant/prooxidant ratio. In addition, absorption of oils & fat-soluble vitamins vary if they are not pre-emulsified before feeding. Pre-emulsification increases the absorption of longer-chain, more highly saturated fatty acids. Because the actions of anti-oxidants are coordinated- with each reliant on the others for overall effect VECTA-GOLD is formulated and emulsified to provide the optimum combination and absorption of nutriments to support the anti-oxidant defence system - with food grade emulsifier to ensure a consistent and stable product.
Absorption, activity, shelflife and stability of VECTA-GOLD is far superior to water dispersible or any oil-based supplements available today.
VECTA-GOLD is the only product designed as an all-in-one combination of anti-oxidants and Omega Oils to provide
energy without causing metabolic and muscle problems.
VECTA-GOLD also supports the anti-oxidant defence system for all horses - racing, endurance, equestrian & breeding.
Intense Exercise is Metabolically Demanding.
The mitochondria in the working muscles generate enormous amounts of energy - and like a power station they also produce waste products. Known as oxidants or free radicals, they cause collateral damage: reducing red cell suppleness, blood flow, oxygen & lactate exchange; interfering with energy utilisation and causing muscle damage, soreness, fatigue and poor performance.
Oxygen consumption and oxidative stress increase 30-fold during intense exercise - and increase further in hot and humid conditions. The anti-oxidant defence system protects against oxidative damage and is severely tested during hard work - changes in antioxidant status and muscle cell leakage are common in racing, eventing and endurance races of 80km and 160 km.
Antioxidants not produced in the body must be provided in the diet through feeding. VECTA-GOLD ensures anti-oxidants
are available when the horse requires them.
Dose rate: Performance Horses 100-250ml (per feed for a total of 500ml per day)
VECTA-GOLD Contains The Following Active Constituents:
- Rice Bran Oil
- Flaxseed Oil
- Vitamin E Oil
- Beta Carotene (ProVitamin A)
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Omega 3
- Omega 6
- Omega 9
Nutrients per Kg:
- Energy 30MJ
- total fat 800g (Omega 9 400g, Omega 6 240g, Omega 3 80g, saturated fat 80g)
- Vitamin E 2000mg
- Pro Vitamin A 100mg
VECTA GOLD is more advanced than other oils.
Most Oils contain Omega 6 and 9 but no Omega 3. Those Oils that do posses Omega 3 generally provide only one of the three critical fatty acids:
- Linolenic Acid. This forces the horse’s metabolism to try and manufacture the other two vital fatty acids.
- Eicosapentaenoic Acid (EPA), a polyunsaturated fatty acid found in fish oils
- Docosohexaenoic Acid (DHA), an Omega 3 fatty acid that is a primary structural component of brain, cortex, skin, spermatoza and retina.
According to the following scientific paper published in June 2005, the data from both the scientific research and clinical studies support dietary supplementation of Omega 3 fatty acids, in particular DHA.
OMEGA 3 OILS BENEFIT HORSE & RIDER Dr Jennifer Stewart BVSc BSc AAIM Dip BEP PhD MRCVS Equine Veterinarian and Consultant Nutritionist
Extract from the link above: "Importantly, for an Omega 3 oil to be effective it must contain three critical fatty acids: Į-linolenic, Eicosopentanoic acid (EPA) and Docosahexanoic acid (DHA). DHA is the active end point of Omega 3 metabolism in the body. Since today's diets contain fewer direct dietary sources of DHA, the body must convert omega-3 fatty acids to DHA. Flaxseed oil and linseed oils do not provide the beneficial effects of Omega 3 supplementation because they do not contain the necessary amounts of DHA and EPA. Linseed contains only Į-linolenic acid, which the body must convert to DHA and EPA. This is an inefficient process and Omega 3 oils which only contain linolenic acid have to be fed at 5-10 times the rate, or more, to match those formulated to contain DHA and EPA."
5L (20 x 250ml doses) or 20L (80 x 250ml doses)