Cool energy blend of essential Omega 3, 6, and 9 fatty acids, specifically balanced for performance and pleasure horses.
Horses and Ponies need both omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, they are essential building blocks for healthy cell development. These fatty acids have to come from food because, like minerals and protein, animals cannot make them in their body. Their natural diets contain a balance of one part omega-3 and two parts omega-6. However most major ingredients in horse feed including oats, wheat, maize and soya have a lot of the omega-6 which is inflammatory and in addition many people feed other vegetable oil which further unbalances horses' metabolism. This means can't get enough of the anti-inflammatory omega-3 to provide the essential balance for healthy cell and hormone production. All horses, especially those in hard work, breeding animals, old or young stock need extra omega-3.
ACTIVE CONSTITUENTS: (EFA’S PER L)
Omega 3 (linolenic acid) 9%
Omega 6 (linoleic acid) 27%
Omega 3 and Omega 6 ratio 1 : 3.
- Provides beneficial anti-inflammatory effects.
- Cool source of energy.
- Enhances coat shine, ideal for show preparation.
- Safe for pregnant mares, lactating mares, stallions and foals.
- Inclusion of pure and natural garlic oil ensures high palatability.
- Improves energy content of diet without adding gut fill.
- Cool energy does not excite horses as seen in a high grain diet.
- Limits the heat of digestion, particularly favourable in hot/humid conditions.
- Garlic may assist the immune system, repel biting insects, maintain beneficial gut flora and assist with pain relief and swelling.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE/CONTRAINDICATIONS
Ranvet’s Grand Prix Oil may be mixed through the feed or administered orally over the tongue.
IMPORTANT NOTE: It is likely to take up to 4-6 weeks for horses to adapt fully to oil in the diet, so a gradual increase in the oil content of the diet from 30-50mL daily is advised. It must be considered that up to as much as 10% of the diet may be achieved in fat supplementation.
DOSAGE RATES = 50-150mL per day
SIZE(S) - 5L or 20L
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Equine Performance users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.