What is the MPTS360?
It's the next generation in equine nebuliser for high performance horses - 500% more effective than any competitor in the market.
The Medivet multi-purpose training system is the world's first Ultimate Training and Medical Delivery System for horses in all disciplines. The MPTS360 is a complete "state-of-the-art" training system that features breakthrough Dual Nebulisation Technology, through both Ultrasonic and Jet Nebulisation technologies.
The MPTS360 is also capable of providing Oxygen Therapy, in addition to high-altitude training simulation through the use of Oxygen or Nitrogen supplementary gases (cylinders are not supplied - they are available separately through BOC Australia or Medical Equipment & Gases Australia )
The Medivet MPTS360 is a patented technology, and is 100% Australian owned.
Download Medivet Multi Purpose Training System Presentation
Features of the MPTS360
- Ultrasonic vibrating mesh Nebuliser with 8ml reservoir
- Jet Nebuliser with 8ml and 20ml reservoir powered by Oxygen, Medical Air or Compressed Air
- Metered dose inhaler delivery
- Oxygen therapy
- Altitude training simulation
- Integrated mixing plenum - to prevent waste of nebulised solution during exhalation
- One way inlet vents - to ensure all nebulised solution is contained until inhaled
- One way exhaust vents - located directly over the nostrils to ensure all inhaled air passes through the mixing plenum, for maximum nebuliser efficiency
- One way dividing vents - to separate mixing plenum from the main mask chamber, to prevent mixing of exhaled air with nebulised solution
- Multi fit seal - to ensure effective operation of nebuliser and training features, to suit a range of equine facial profiles
What can be nebulised through the MPTS360?
All liquid products that can be administered through a nebuliser can be used in the MPTS360. These include, but are not limited to:
- Homeopathic products
- Regenerative products
How effective is the MPTS360 Dual-nebulisation technology?
The MPTS360 features the most advanced dual-nebulisation technology available in the world today. A study by Australia's leading University of Sydney confirmed that the MPTS360 is 500% more effective than any other equine nebuliser in the breakdown of particles into the ideal distribution range of 1 to 5 microns.
Whether the Ultrasonic or Jet nebuliser technology is selected for use, both offer the world's most advanced medical delivery available today.
Download the full report from the University of Sydney
Can all horses benefit from using the MPTS360?
Horses in all disciplines can benefit from using the MPTS360. Whether the intended use is for expedited recovery from injury or racing, improved performance, regeneration of the lungs and respiratory system, or for the most advanced delivery of drugs, the MPTS360 features provide the most advanced technology available for equines today.
What are the benefits of Oxygen Therapy (Hyperoxic training)?
One key feature of Medivet’s MPTS360 is the application of Hypoxic Training through pure Oxygen as the power delivery source when using the Jet Nubulizer. By having an oxygen power source this not only provides for the most effective nebulisation of medications and products but provides the additional benefits of increased oxygen levels in the horse’s body. Hyperoxic Training is conducted by the use and increase of supplemental gas, Oxygen (O2) attached to the MPTS360 at the multi-purpose inlet on the front plenum of the mask. Hypoxic Training involves keeping the horses Blood Oxygen Saturation (SpO2) within the target level of 95-100%. Blood oxygen saturation is the amount of oxygen carried in the blood through haemoglobins in red blood cells from the lung to the body cells.
Benefits of Oxygen Therapy Include:
- Minimise the release of hydrocortisone (stress hormone) which can inhibit positive immune responses
- Increase the oxygen processing capacity of cell mitochondria, prolonging aerobic metabolism by the cell for longer, more intense training sessions at lower risk of tissue damage.
- Preventing the decrease in arterial oxygen concentration during high intensity exercise which causes fatigue and the formation of lactic acid
- Increase the rate of replenishment for arterial oxygen concentration during recovery for faster dissipation of lactic acid
- Enhanced post-race recover time
Horse stores large amount of red blood cells in their spleen. Once they start exercising the spleen can be infused into the central circulation which gives horses the ability to transport huge amounts of oxygen in the blood. When at rest, 35% of the body’s total blood volume is red blood cells (that carry oxygen). When exercising the spleen releases red blood cells which increased the total blood percentage of red blood cells to over 65%. Based on this it is clear to see that increased oxygen flow through haemoglobins in these red blood cells will be very beneficial to the horse during exercise and especially in recovery following hard work or racing. Horses can only inhale when their front hooves are striding outwards and can only exhale when all four legs come together. The MPTS360 functions in line with this natural breathing pattern when worn during exercise by catering for the huge volume of intake air required by mixing pure oxygen with outside air through the inlet vent in the front plenum. When a breath is drawn, the oxygen travels through the one-way diving vent into the main mask section and into the horse’s lungs. When exhaling, the exhaled air is immediately dispersed out the one-way outlet vent, ensuring there is no re-breathing of exhaled air but rather pure oxygen and outside air being inhaled.
What are the benefits of altitude training (Hypoxic training)?
Medivet’s MPTS360 possesses Hypoxic Training capabilities through the use of Nitrogen gas (N2) to simulate high altitude training’s lack of oxygen. Hypoxic Training has been proven to significantly improve the efficiency of oxygen metabolism in the body, allowing the horse to maximize its genetic potential. Intermittent Hypoxic Training (IHT) is a very potent means of endurance improvement and stimulation of the anti-oxidant health preservation system. Enhanced blood oxygen carrying capacity and efficiency of oxygen consumption by tissues and cells, along with increased capacity of the anti-oxidant (free radical scavenging) system in the body are major attributes of Hypoxic Training (Intermittent). IHT involves intervals of several minutes of breathing Hypoxic conditions (low oxygen), alternated with minutes of breathing ambient Hyperoxic air which leads to an improvement in aerobic and anaerobic performance of horses.
Benefits of Hypoxic Training include:
- Deeper Breathing – Engages greater lung volume for oxygen transfer
- Increase Haemoglobin – Required for blood transport
- Increase 2-3 BPG – Aids in oxygen release to tissues
- Release of Bicarbonate into blood stream – Prevents Hyperventilation
- Production of Citrate Synthase - Aids in oxygen release to tissues
- Increases Myoglobin – Increased oxygen storage in tissues
- Improves Right Ventricle Hypertrophy – Improved blood transport between heart and lungs.
- Promotes the release of Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor (VEGF) that plays a significant therapeutic role in the treatment and management of lung damage associated with Exercise Induced Pulmonary Haemorrhage (EIPH)
- Improved blood biochemical indices
- Improved immunological status
- Increased VO2 max
- Reduced muscle damage following exercise (lower muscle enzymes)
- Smooth muscle stimulation
- Enhanced sympatho-adrenal system
- Cardiovascular system adaptation resulting in: vasodilation, increased microvessel density and reduced peripheral resistance decreased mean arterial blood pressure and heart rate
- Respiratory system adaptation resulting in: improved lung tissue where damaged increased Hypoxic Ventilatory Response increased minute ventilation, total and vital lung capacity